A few interesting facts about Great Britain:
1. London's Heathrow Airport is thebusiest international airport in the world.
2. After the US and Japan, the UK has the most internet users.
3. The UK imports more bottles of champagne than any other country in the world.
4. The UK sends more tourists to the US than any other country in Europe.
5. Great Britain checks in as the largest island in Europe, and the eighth largest in the world.
6. The most popular surname in the UK is Smith, numbering about 530,000.
I haven't been very fortunate where Great Britain is concerned. I've been there twice, but the second time was only a 3 day trip for work, so I didn't get to see anything. The first time was a great however - a road trip in every sense of the word. It was New Year's 1998, and Steve Lester and I decided to drive there to celebrate with my friend Angela Lufkin and her sister from back home. We drove from Germany through Belgium, France, and the Chunnel (the tunnel under the English Channel). It was a fun road trip, and and a very fun weekend. I don't know how we found it, but we spent New Years Eve in Waxy O'Connors, a 6 story Irish Pub near Piccadilly Circus, which was incredibly fun. We did some sightseeing, saw Big Ben, Parlaiment, Westminster Abbey, all the usual stuff. We also took in a comedy show at the Improv - we didn't understand what they were saying, but after a few Boddington's, it was some of the funniest stuff we ever heard...
I would still like another chance to really explore London though. It's one of the "great world cities" that I always refer to, so hopefully I'll get another crack at it before I leave Europe.
The Tower of London
Waxy O' Connors with (from L-R) Alli, Steve, and Angela
"The fabulous Lufkin girls"- Angela...